| ADDS - Java Tools Help Page
(1 of 1)
Back to Java Tools Page
General tips for using Java Tools
- If you are not sure if you have Java installed, or what version
you are running, go to the Sun Java Test
Page and note the information you see there. If it reports that
you do not have Java installed, there is a link at the top of the page
Java Software Download that will assist in guiding you to the
appropriate version of Java for your system.
- The ADDS Java tools require Netscape 4.06+ or Internet Explorer
(I.E.) 4.72+ with Java enabled in the browser preferences.
- Modem speeds greater than 33.6 kbps are desirable for downloading
- Mac users: The Java Tools require support for Java version
1.1. Netscape for Mac does not support this version of Java unless
you download the Mac Runtime for Java (MRJ) plug-in found
Additionally, Java for Macintosh can be found at http://www.apple.com/java and
Netscape 4.76 can be found at http://home.netscape.com/download/1206100/10000-en-macppc-4.76-complete-128_qual.html.
- When using the Flight Path Tool if a portion of California was cut
off the edge of the map (using either Internet Explorer 4.72 or
version 5.x), then please download the latest JVM as distributed
by Sun. We are aware of this problem and this is the only fix. You
will need to point your web browser to: http://java.sun.com.
and follow the instructions to download the appropriate file for your
This Qualified Internet
Communication Provider's (QICP) servers and communication interfaces are
approved by the FAA as secure, reliable, and accessible in accordance
with AC 00-62.
1) This QICP does not ensure the quality and
currency of the information transmitted to you.
2) The user assumes the entire risk related to
the information and its use.